Choosing the Best Inpatient Duragesic Rehab Centers
Duragesic is one of the brand names for fentanyl. Fentanyl is an extremely powerful opiate used to treat chronic and intense pain. It is also highly addictive.
Opiate addiction is one of the worst that you can suffer from. Although each addiction is different, there is one irrefutable similarity. Addiction will destroy your health, your life, and your family. addiction treatment may be the only way that you can stop this from happening.
Inpatient and outpatient treatment are two sides of the same coin. Like anything, the two forms of treatment have both positive and negative aspects. Before making a decision on which is right for you, you should consider both of these aspects.
- You are away from the cause of your Duragesic addiction
- You do not have access to any drugs
- You are away from the things in your life that can trigger cravings
- Inpatient rehabs offer a highly structured environment
- They offer intensive treatment for co-occurring disorders both mental and physical
- You are safe from harming yourself or others
- You do not have to worry about meals or a place to stay
- You can engage in other activities such as nutrition counseling and dietary rehabilitation
- Patients and staff at inpatient treatment centers form a strong support network
- You are not exposed to family and friends that can cause you to start using again
- It is sometimes more comfortable during inpatient treatment
The negatives of inpatient treatment are:
- You are away from your family and friends during inpatient treatment
- You cannot care for your family, if you have small children
- You are away from you job or school while you are in treatment
Outpatient Duragesic treatment also has positives and negatives. The positives of outpatient treatment are:
- You can stay at home
- You can go to school or work while you are in treatment
- Treatment is arraigned around your schedule
- You need transportation to and from the clinic
- You are exposed to your triggers before you learn to deal with them
- You do not have the structure, you have with inpatient treatment
- There is increased stress during outpatient treatment
- You do not have the same privacy as you do with inpatient rehab
- It is less intensive and less effective than inpatient treatment
Every form of treatment has its pros and cons. You will need to choose the best treatment for you. Due to the nature of a Duragesic addiction, inpatient treatment tends to work better than any other form.
You can find a few types inpatient Duragesic rehab centers. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, most treatment centers offer:
- Alternative treatment
- 12 Step Groups
- Vocational and skills training
The types of medication that are useful in treating the actual addiction are:
These medications help to ease the withdrawal symptoms and prevent relapse.
Counseling is normally offered in both individual and group sessions. The counseling methods that are useful are:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Contingency management
- Multidimensional family therapy
- Motivational enhancement
Both counseling and medication are widely available in all treatment types. The main types of inpatient Duragesic rehab centers are:
- Long term treatment centers
- Short term treatment centers
- Therapeutic communities
- Combination treatment centers
When looking for a rehab center, all you have to do is call 800-430-1407Who Answers?. We can help you decide which rehab is right for your needs.
If you need drug treatment, you should consider an inpatient Duragesic rehab. It might be the right treatment for you. Each person needs to make the decision whether this type of treatment is the way to go.
Most people benefit more from long term full treatment than short term solutions. Inpatient care helps by giving you both treatment and time. Time allows you to:
- Reorient yourself
- Acclimate to being without drugs
- Learn to deal with your triggers before you encounter them
- Find out who you are now while you are sober
- Seek treatment for conditions that are either the cause or the consequences of your addiction
- Engage in family counseling
There are many more reasons why inpatient treatment is right for you. You just have to try it and find out all of the ways that it benefits you.
Only you can decide if you need the benefits of inpatient treatment.
According to the National Library of Medicine, the only way to recover is to spend an adequate time in a rehab center. What an adequate time is up to your needs, wants, and overall goals. There are both short term and long term treatment options.
Long term residential Duragesic addiction treatment lasts between 6 and 12 months while short term treatment lasts between 14 and 90 days. There are treatment lengths in between but these are the standard periods. There are also longer forms of treatment but it is very rare for anyone to be in inpatient treatment more than 12 months at a time.
The length that you decide to remain in treatment is up to you. Since a good treatment plan is fluid, the time is adjustable to your goals.
You can get inpatient treatment at any of the many inpatient Duragesic rehab centers. Many centers offer the basics of treatment. These basics are:
- Medication if necessary
- 12 Step therapy
- Flexible treatment plans
- Individual and group programs
These things are the bare minimum. There are treatment centers that offer much more. Some treatment centers offer:
- Classes for self improvement such as parenting, resume, and dietary skills
- Extras like gourmet food and individual bathrooms
- Amenities like food choices and private rooms
- Alternative therapies such as meditation, art, music, and pet therapy
- Chinese medicine
- Herbal medicine
- Scenic locations
- Aquatics and saunas
- Massage and manipulation therapy
- Exercise programs such as weight training, yoga, and qigong
- Relaxation therapies such as guided meditation and guided relaxation
Each of these things can make the difference between a standard treatment experience and one that is a success.
If you are a Duragesic addict, chances are you need inpatient rehab. There are a few facts about addiction that you cannot dispute. These facts are:
- Addiction is a disease
- Diseases need treatment
- Inpatient treatment can help you by treating the disease
Unfortunately, there is no cure for addiction. Most people who suffer from it find that it a chronic relapsing disease, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
In order to tell if you truly need inpatient treatment, you should ask yourself a few questions. These questions are:
- How severe is my addiction?
- Am I letting my addiction destroy my life?
- Does my addiction cost me more than I have?
- What does my addiction cost my family?
- Have I tried to quit before and failed?
If you answer yes, to any of these questions, you need inpatient treatment. Some people view inpatient treatment as a last resort. This does not have to be so. Many people try inpatient treatment first and find that they have less of a chance for relapse. Some studies show that the longer you are in rehab, the more likely you are to succeed in your efforts.
To find the inpatient treatment program that is right for you, all you have to do is call 800-430-1407Who Answers?. We can help.
Paying for treatment should not be stressful. You have to remember what you are getting for the amount that you pay. During inpatient treatment, you receive:
- Medical treatment
- Counseling and therapy
- A place to stay
- Maid service in some facilities
- Access to other programs such as alternative treatments
- Physician services and psychiatric services
All of these things are usually included in the price.
There are a few different ways to pay for inpatient treatment.
Insurance is probably the most popular way to pay for treatment. Many insurance companies now offer substance abuse and mental health treatment as part of their basic packages. Since privacy laws prevent your medical information being disclosed, you are protected if your insurance is through your employer.
Another way to pay for treatment is through a treatment center payment plan. Most residential Duragesic addiction treatment centers have you meet with a financial counselor during your intake. This meeting is to help you find ways to pay for treatment. During this meeting they take your employment and living situation and determine the best payment plan for you.
Some facilities may even offer a sliding scale payment plan. The sliding scale is based on your income. Regardless of which you choose, most treatment centers will work with you on payment.
Choosing an inpatient Duragesic rehab might seem difficult at first but it does not have to be. Although treatment centers come in all shapes and sizes, you can determine the best treatment center for you by following a few simple steps.
- Decide what you want in a rehab center. Think about the treatment that you want, the programs they have, and the amenities that they offer
- Ask questions
- Get reviews and recommendations
The questions that you should ask are relatively simple and will help you determine if the treatment center is qualified. These questions are:
- Are you an accredited treatment center?
- Is all of your staff certified?
- What types of treatment do you offer?
- What amenities do you offer?
Depending on the state, you can also ask about specific state regulations. Each state might be a bit different.
According to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, most people fear relapse after treatment. This fear is absolutely valid. You have the same chance of relapsing after treatment as you do any other disease.
Residential Duragesic addiction treatment can decrease the chances of relapse particularly if the residential treatment includes an aftercare program. A Duragesic aftercare program often includes:
- A stay in a sober house
- 12 Step or another community support group
- Continued counseling on an outpatient basis
- A solid plan for leaving treatment that includes plans for a living situation and employment
Only comprehensive treatment and a solid aftercare plan can help to prevent relapse.
Addiction is an extremely debilitating and frightening disease. It can take everything from you, if you let it. You can end your addiction, inpatient Duragesic rehab centers can help. By getting help right now, you can completely recover from your addiction. Get help today, call 800-430-1407Who Answers?. We can help.