Choosing the Best Inpatient Demerol Rehab Centers
Addiction is a dangerous and often deadly disease. It kills thousands of people every year and destroys many more lives. It can severely damage your family, your health, your life, and your financial wellbeing.
Demerol is an extremely powerful opiate useful in killing pain. Its addictive qualities make it extremely difficult to stop using it once you start. Most people start using Demerol due to chronic pain such as a back injury. Once they can no longer get the Demerol, they might turn to other opiates such as heroin or opium.
Fortunately, you have options. There are different types of treatment for opiates like Demerol. Many of these treatments are available from treatment centers all over the world. Inpatient Demerol rehab centers are your best chance from rehab success. To find out more about inpatient care for Demerol addiction simply call 800-430-1407Who Answers?.
The two major options you have are inpatient or outpatient treatment. There are advantages and disadvantages to each.
Inpatient Demerol addiction treatment is a residential treatment. You go and stay at the treatment center for the entire length of your treatment. They provide:
- A bed
There are some advantages to inpatient treatment. These advantages are:
- You are away from a stressful environment
- There are staff to help you no matter what time of day or night
- You have a built in support structure
- You will not be confronted by a trigger or a craving until you have learned the proper techniques to deal with them
- You are away from temptation
- There is no way to get opiates like Demerol while you are in treatment
- You can confront your addiction without actually having to experience it
Unfortunately, there are also disadvantages:
- You are away from your family and friends except for visiting days
- You cannot go to work or attend school while in treatment
- It can be more expensive than other forms of treatment
Outpatient treatment is the treatment method where you attend treatment sessions daily, weekly, or monthly. The advantages to outpatient treatment are:
- You can be at home while you are in treatment
- You can care for your family
- You can go to school or work and still get the treatment that you need
- It is less expensive than other options
The disadvantages are:
- You will be constantly confronted by your triggers and your addiction
- Help is not there exactly when you need it
- You are more likely to relapse back into your addiction
- The Demerol is available to you so you may start taking it again
- You have to deal with the stress that might have caused you to start your addiction
- It is less effective than inpatient treatment
- You need transportation to and from treatment
It is important to compare the different forms of addiction treatment before deciding on a treatment center. Some treatment centers offer only one form of treatment, while others offer both inpatient and outpatient treatment solutions.
There are a few types of Demerol rehab that you should know about. These types are:
- Medication assisted treatment – a combination of counseling and medication. When you are through withdrawal, you gradually taper off the medication.
- Medication maintenance treatment – also a combination of counseling and medication but instead of taping off the medication, you remain on it as a treatment for chronic pain.
- Counseling only treatment – no medication is involves just counseling and behavioral therapy.
- 12 step treatment – an addicts helping other addicts program with no formal counseling or medication.
There are many other types of treatment. These are the most commonly available. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, there are a few different types of medication and counseling available during inpatient Demerol rehab. The common medications are:
The types of counseling available are:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Motivational enhancement
- Motivational interviewing
- 12 Step facilitation therapy
- Multidimensional family therapy
- Contingency management
Each of these can be combined to form a more complete inpatient experience. For more information on these types, call us at 800-430-1407Who Answers?.
Only you can decide if inpatient Demerol rehab is right for you. You are the only one who knows exactly how severe your addiction is. There are many benefits to seeking an inpatient solution. Some of these benefits are:
- Offers a highly controlled environment
- You can learn to identify your triggers before you have to deal with the cravings they produce
- The close monitoring can help identify other issues such as mental health problems and physical disorders
- The support systems in inpatient programs is normally better than those in outpatient programs
- Opiate detoxification is difficult, inpatient care can help you through it
There are many more benefits to inpatient residential treatment. To find out why you should consider inpatient care, all you have to do is call 800-430-1407Who Answers?.
The length of time that you will spend in residential Demerol addiction treatment depends on your addiction. Most treatment centers offer long and short term inpatient treatment options.
Short term residential treatment lasts for between 14 and 90 days depending on the program. Most court ordered programs are 90 days while a detoxification only program is only around 14 days.
Long term residential treatment lasts around six months to a year. Although rare, some long term treatments for very severe addictions can last for longer than a year. During this year you get a complete treatment program including an individual development plan, medications, and an aftercare plan.
Regardless of which you choose, you need to make sure that you get the amount of treatment that you need. Leaving treatment too early can cause you to relapse back into your addiction.
You can get treatment for your addiction at one of the many inpatient Demerol rehab centers but you need to make sure that it is a qualified treatment center or program. According to the New York Health Department, your treatment program should include:
- Detoxification and medical management
- Assessment and evaluation
- Individualized treatment plan
- Medication therapy
- Individual and group counseling
- Case management
- Self help or peer supported groups
- Monitoring (drug testing if necessary)
- Vocational and educational assistance
- An aftercare plan
Without these things, the inpatient treatment may not work. Each part of a qualified treatment center has to work for you. One of the most important parts is the individualized plan. If your plan does to fit your needs, you are more likely to drop out of treatment.
Not all inpatient programs are created equal. You need to find a comprehensive care plan that suits your treatment goals. For help, call 800-430-1407Who Answers?.
If you are addicted to opiates, then you need opiate addiction treatment. One of the most effective ways to do this is through inpatient treatment. If you are wondering whether you are addicted or not, there are a set of questions that you can ask yourself. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, a few of these questions are:
- Is your addiction damaging your relationships with family and friends?
- Does you get upset when someone questions your drug use?
- Do you continue to use Demerol despite a job or other loss?
- Are you in legal trouble due to using drugs?
- Do you worry when your supply is running low, wondering where you can get more?
- Have you made mistakes working or around the house while you were on Demerol?
- Are you engaging in risk taking behavior to get drugs or get money to buy Demerol?
- Have you ever overdosed on Demerol or a combination of it and other drugs or alcohol?
- Do you continue to use it despite the negative consequences?
- Have you tried to quit and failed?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you probably need inpatient Demerol addiction treatment. You can find a qualified treatment center by simply calling 800-430-1407Who Answers?. Isn’t it time to end your addiction to Demerol?
Some people recoil from the cost of treatment in an inpatient Demerol rehab. You should know how much your addiction to Demerol is costing you. Not only do you have the monetary expense, you also have the cost to your family, not to mention both doctor’s fees and legal fees. By the time you add up everything that Demerol is taking from you, you can begin to realize that the cost of treatment is much less than the ever increasing cost of taking Demerol.
When you talk to a treatment center, you will find that most of them offer a variety of ways to pay. Some treatment centers offer payment plans where you pay a little bit each month to pay off your treatment. They also sometimes offer sliding scale or income based payment terms.
The best way to get the inpatient treatment that you need is through your insurance company. Most insurance providers now offer substance abuse treatment as part of their health package. All you have to do is call your insurance company or the treatment center you have chosen and ask.
Choosing an inpatient Demerol treatment program can be extremely daunting. You need to find a complete treatment program that has the amenities that you want. Some treatment centers only offer the basics while others offer a variety of alternatives to traditional treatment. Some of these alternatives are:
- Eastern medicine
- Traditional Chinese herbal medicine
- Exercise and aquatic programs
- Dietary and nutrition programs
- Personalized meal plans
- Art and music therapy
- Meditation and guided meditation
- Equine and pet therapy
- Outings and other recreational activities
You need the basics but the other methods and activities can be comforting as well. Each treatment center is different. To find the right inpatient Demerol treatment for you, all you have to do is call 800-430-1407Who Answers?. We can help.
According to the National Library of Medicine (Medline Plus), one of the biggest dangers of ending your rehab is relapse related overdose. This is when you stop treatment abruptly and then return to your drug use. You can prevent this by having a solid aftercare plan. An inpatient rehab center can give this to you.
A good aftercare plan can help you deal with temptation after your rehab is over. You have a variety of options for after care. Some of the common aftercare programs for residential Demerol addiction treatment are:
- Continued counseling on an outpatient basis
- Continued medical treatment
- Sober housing or living in a sober community that allows you to interact with others who also want to avoid drug use
- Continued medical care
- 12 Step groups and meetings
Each person is a bit different. It is important to set up an aftercare program that caters to your individual needs and goals. Participating in a solid aftercare program is one of the best was to avoid the complications of relapse.
Inpatient Demerol rehab centers do not have to be difficult to find. All you need to do is call 800-430-1407Who Answers?. We can help you find the perfect treatment center for your Demerol addiction. The important thing is to get the help that you need right now.