Are There Low Cost Drug Rehab Centers In Every State?
Every state features both luxury and low cost drug rehab centers that provide addiction treatment. These programs are designed to help individuals overcome substance use disorders in order to safely begin their recovery. If you are looking for a rehab program in your area that can offer you affordable care, call 800-681-7369Who Answers? now to learn more or visit our directory.
State-funded and Private Low Cost Drug Rehab Centers
There are many different types of rehab programs that are low-cost, provide all or partially free treatment, or allow individuals access to safe and effective treatment for addiction when they otherwise would not be able to afford it. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 76.3 percent of all the substance abuse treatment facilities that existed in 2008 offered at least some sort of payment assistance.
- 4 percent of rehab programs offered completely free care.
- 8 percent of these programs offered at least partial free care with or without a sliding fee scale.
- Facilities that offered all free care were more likely than partial free care facilities to offer nonhospital residential treatment to patients (at 51.6 percent and 30.5 percent, respectively).
What Type of Programs Offer Low Cost Treatment?
State-funded rehab centers are often likely to offer partial-free, all-free, or low-cost treatment to patients. These facilities are funded by federal grants, Medicaid, and other government sources that the state government then doles out to the rehab centers. This allows people who otherwise wouldn’t be able to seek treatment because of its high cost to be able to receive the care they need to navigate a substance use disorder recovery and to put an end to their drug abuse.
Some nonprofit and for-profit programs can still be considered low cost drug rehab centers, especially if they provide care on a sliding scale or they charge patients based on certain criteria. However, most affordable rehab centers you will be likely to find from state to state will be state- and government-funded.
What Type of Treatment Do These Programs Offer?
Fortunately, there are low cost drug rehab centers that offer many different types of treatment programs for addiction. In many cases, they may be outpatient centers, which means patients visit the facility for their treatment and then go home at night. These visits might be daily at first but then will likely become less frequent as the individual becomes more stabilized in their care.
- Some low cost outpatient rehab programs can be extremely effective for one’s safe recovery from substance abuse. These programs can provide medication, behavioral therapy, and the necessary assessments and tests to ensure that the individual is staying healthy and avoiding drug abuse.
- These programs are often much less expensive to maintain because patients do not stay at the facility overnight and, therefore, do not require accommodations, meals, and other necessities as part of care.
- According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, it is always important to find out what an outpatient program provides, though, because some “low-intensity programs may offer little more than drug education.”
There are many low cost facilities that offer inpatient or residential care as well. This is because no one treatment option is effective for every individual patient, and many recovering addicts actually require 24-hour care.
- People suffering from severe addictions who do not believe they will be able to avoid relapse, especially early in their recoveries, may need inpatient care. Other individuals who can benefit from this option include
- Those with comorbid mental disorders like depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, etc.
- Those with polydrug addictions
- Those without a strong social support system at home
- Those without daily responsibilities, like school or a career, that will help them avoid relapse
- Those whose home environments are not conducive to recovery
- Those who require additional protection from people who may want to harm them
- Those with severe physical problems associated with their addictions
- Someone who needs inpatient care, therefore, should be able to seek it even if they do not have the funds necessary to pay for an expensive treatment program. This is why low cost inpatient centers (often state-funded) exist as well as low cost outpatient centers.
Does Every State Have Low Cost and Affordable Rehab?
Yes, every state has some sort of treatment option for people struggling with substance use disorder. As stated above, these facilities are usually funded by the government, although there are some private rehab centers that provide low cost care. Every state is required, however, to provide some sort of state-funded option for addicts because of the severity of the drug addiction epidemic in the U.S. In addition, as a result of the Affordable Care Act making mental and substance use disorder treatment, intervention, and prevention “essential health benefits,” more funds are going toward helping individuals in this situation (SAMHSA).
Who Qualifies for This Type of Care?
Not everyone qualifies for treatment in state-funded rehab programs or even nonprofit facilities because the individuals who run these programs want to ensure that available slots go to those who are truly in need. In most cases, rehab programs that provide low cost or free care require patients to show proof of their need for this type of treatment in order to qualify for it.
Usually, individuals who have low incomes are admitted to these types of treatment programs first, although there are other qualifications that may allow one to seek low cost care, including race, ethnicity, gender, etc. One of the best ways to ensure that you qualify for treatment is to call the facility itself and ask what the rules of acceptance are and whether or not the program currently has any empty slots.
Where Can I Find These Programs?
You can find more information about low cost drug rehab centers in a number of ways. If you are looking specifically for state-funded options, try contacting your state’s agency for substance abuse services. You can find more information about these agencies through SAMHSA’s Directory of SSAs for substance abuse services.
You can also search our directory, which is broken down by state and city so you can find the closest rehab options to you. Once you locate a specific facility, you determine whether or not it will be close enough to you by looking at the map of their location and their address. You can also find out more about what a facility offers by looking at their website and by calling them.
- If you decide to call a facility from our directory, tell the individual who answers that you are looking for low cost rehab treatment. They will be able to direct you to the right line.
- When you speak to someone from the facility about your needs for care, they will likely want to know some information about you, including
- Your history of substance abuse
- Your medical history
- Whether you have attended a treatment program anywhere else before
- What type of drugs/medications you are currently taking
- How you qualify for low cost care (low income, etc.)
- They will also need to know what your insurance plan is, if you have one. This can help them determine if your plan will be accepted at their facility.
- In addition, you should ask any questions you have in order to determine if the facility is right for your needs. These can include
- How much will my treatment cost?
- How much of my costs will my insurance plan cover?
- What is the success rate of your treatment program?
- What are your program’s accreditations?
- How long does your treatment program last?
- What methods do you use as part of treatment?
You can also call our 24/7 hotline 800-681-7369Who Answers? in order to get extra help with finding the treatment you need. We can actually streamline the process for you by searching for rehab programs that will accept your insurance, that will offer the kind of care you need but can also afford, and that will provide you with the treatment methods you require for a safe recovery.
You Can Find Low Cost Rehab Today
Call 800-681-7369Who Answers? now to speak with a treatment advisor and to begin your journey of recovery. We want to help make the process of finding and beginning treatment as smooth as possible for you and help ensure that you find the best program for your needs.