Choosing the Best Inpatient Actiq Rehab Centers
Actiq is an opioid medication useful in treating chronic debilitating pain in those who are resistant to other opiate based medications. This means it is very powerful and very addictive.
Like other opioid painkillers, Actiq causes a number of serious and potentially dangerous short term and long term health effects. Some of the major concerns are:
- Reparatory failure
- Heart and lung disease
- Kidney and liver disease
- Severe withdrawal symptoms when stopped suddenly.
Each of these alone is a reason to end your Actiq addiction today. If you are deciding which treatment to pursue, you should consider inpatient treatment as your first option. For more information, simply call 800-430-1407Who Answers?. We can help you choose between inpatient rehab centers so you can find the one that is right for you.
The first question you might have is whether inpatient treatment is better than outpatient treatment. The answer is: it depends on your addiction and environment. Comparing the advantages and disadvantages of both inpatient and outpatient care can help you make this important decision.
Inpatient treatment is a residential form of treatment. The advantages of inpatient treatment are:
- You are away from your environment
- You cannot access the Actiq or any other opiates during your treatment
- You are isolated from dealers and other people who use
- Your environment is controlled and structured
- You can learn to deal with your triggers before experiencing them
- The only thing you have to worry about during treatment is getting better
- You are safe at the treatment center
The disadvantages of inpatient Actiq rehab are:
- You have to be away from work or school for a while
- You are isolated from your family
Outpatient treatment is a nonresidential form of treatment. You attend treatment sessions daily, weekly or monthly. The advantages to outpatient treatment are:
- You can stay home with your family
- You can continue to go to work or school while you are in treatment
- You are exposed to your triggers
- Opiates like Actiq are readily available
- You are still in the environment that caused you to start your addiction
- There is increased stress
- You have less privacy than if you were in an inpatient Actiq rehab
Both types of treatment center offer similar methods of treatment. The treatment methods for Actiq often combine both medications such as methadone and counseling such as cognitive behavioral therapy.
There are a few types of residential Actiq addiction treatment. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, these types are:
- Therapeutic communities – community treatment where everyone including the patients and staff are involved in the treatment process.
- Detoxification only – a place to detox off the Actiq while under medical supervision.
- Counseling only – a place to receive counseling while you are detoxing.
- Intensive short term treatment – a shorter more intense programs that involves both detox and counseling.
- Long term residential treatment – long term detoxification, medication management, and counseling.
- Recovery homes – recovery homes provide a very structured environment that is closer to a home environment, according to the Massachusetts Department of Health and Human Services.
Each of these types has similar treatment practices with slightly different goals. Which type of inpatient you choose is up to you.
Only you know if inpatient Actiq rehab is right for you. There are some factors to consider before you make a final decision on whether you want inpatient treatment or not.
These factors are:
- If you need a controlled environment.
- If it is medically necessary for you to be in residential treatment.
- If you suffer from psychological problems that make your residential necessary.
- If you need a safe place to stay while in residential treatment.
- You need structure to get away from your addiction.
- If you have tried to quit using other methods and failed.
- If you are in danger of an overdose.
If one or more of these factors apply to you, it is time to seek residential Actiq addiction treatment.
How long you will spend in residential Actiq addiction treatment depends on your needs wants and goals. Short term residential treatment times last between 14 and 90 days. Long term treatment can last between 6 months and a year.
The length of your stay depends on several factors such as:
- The severity of your addiction.
- How hard you are working at treatment.
- The treatment methods.
- The type of program.
- Whether you have more than one condition.
- You need other types of treatment.
Ultimately, it is up to you and your doctor to determine how long you are in a treatment program.
You can get treatment from a qualified treatment center. There are many things that a treatment center needs. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, most quality treatment centers offer:
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- 12-step counseling
- Peer supported treatment
- Medication for withdrawal
- Medication for co-occurring disorders
- Partial hospitalization for detoxification
- Case management
- Personalized treatment plans
These are the basics of a good quality treatment center. You should go to a facility that offers at least all of these things, if not more. Some treatment centers have additional programs that are helpful such as:
- Alternative treatment methods
- Traditional medical and recovery techniques
- Eastern medical techniques
- Classes such as parenting skills and job skills
- Exercise and yoga
- Nutritional services
- Holistic medicine
A high quality inpatient treatment center offers most if not all of these things. It is important that the treatment center have everything that you want and need so your treatment is a success. There are many excellent treatment centers available. To find the best inpatient Actiq rehab centers, all you have to do is call 800-430-1407Who Answers?.
If you are asking this question, there is a good chance you need inpatient Actiq rehab. There are a few reasons why you would need inpatient treatment. Some of these reasons are:
- You want to detoxify only
- You need the support available at an inpatient center
- Your addiction is beyond your control
- Your addiction is too severe for other methods
- Your home environment is not safe for you to be in or people around you use
- You lost your place to live due to your drug use
There are many more reasons that you might want to seek inpatient treatment. This form of treatment is one of the most intensive and complete treatments available. Inpatient treatment can mean the difference between failure and success.
You can check some criteria for inpatient Actiq rehab centers by calling 800-430-1407Who Answers?. We can help you sift through the information to find out if you really need inpatient treatment.
There are a variety of ways to pay for residential Actiq addiction treatment. Although some people believe that it is too expensive, it really is not considering the cost of continuing your habit. Some of the things that you are currently paying for are:
- Doctors visits to get the medication prescribed
- Specialists to prescribe you the medication
- Ways to hide your addiction
As you build a tolerance to Actiq, you need more and more of the drug to feel normal again. The ever increasing doses continue to cost more, plus they have to be justified to a physician.
Fortunately, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, most health insurance plans now cover substance abuse and mental health treatment. Talk to your insurance company about your coverage.
Many treatment centers are also familiar with major insurance plans. When you find a treatment center, all you have to do is ask whether they take your insurance or not. Financial counselors at the inpatient Actiq rehab can help you with the claim forms and paperwork.
Some treatment facilities offer payments on a sliding scale. Financial counselors take your financial information and offer payments according to what you can afford, rather than having to pay it all at once.
You do not have to worry about the cost of inpatient treatment. There are many ways to pay and many organizations that can help. Cost should not be a factor in your decision to get high quality treatment
Choosing an impatient Actiq treatment program is one of the most important things that you can do to get yourself onto the road to recovery. It is more than just a matter of picking one out of the phone book. There are some tips you can follow to choose the best inpatient treatment program for you.
- Consider your budget
- Check to see if the treatment center will work with you on payments or insurance
- Call us at 800-430-1407Who Answers? or the treatment center directly and ask questions
Ultimately, you need to figure out what you want out of your treatment. Some good treatment goals are:
- Get off the Actiq
- Find a substitute medication if you suffer from chronic pain
- Discover the behaviors that started your addiction
- Deal with the consequences of you addiction
- Find gainful employment and keep it without the use of the Actiq
- Learn better parenting and coping strategies
- Learn how to manage stress so you do not return to the drugs
Now these goals are all goals presented to you in a qualified treatment program. They may fit your circumstances or you might have your own goals in mind.
Be careful to choose to choose the right treatment clinic for you. There are many out there but not all of them are experienced in treating complex addictions. Some are simple facilities that only offer the basics while others are full service facilities that offer a variety of treatment programs.
After your inpatient treatment, you will have many choices before you. Some of these choices are:
- Continuing counseling and medication on an outpatient basis
- Tapering of the medication and remaining in counseling
- Continuing a 12 step program and going to meetings as needed
- Going to live in a sober facility
- Reuniting with your family
There are many more. Once you complete treatment, you will get your life back from the drugs.
Actiq addiction is a devastating disease. It is extremely difficult to stop once the addiction starts. Inpatient detoxification and treatment are one of the best and fastest ways to overcome this addiction. You can find inpatient Actiq rehab centers by calling 800-430-1407Who Answers?. We can help you right now.