800-430-1407 Who Answers?
Call 800-430-1407 to speak with a drug abuse counselor.
Who Answers?

3 Top Childcare Options When Attending Inpatient Drug Rehab

As a parent, overcoming addiction is vital to caring for your children responsibly. Inpatient drug rehab centers offer safe, comfortable environments that allow you to fully stop drinking and using, but rarely offer living accommodations for your children. This means you must find childcare for the duration of your treatment program, especially if you lack supportive friends and family who can step in and help.

If you or your loved one is struggling with addiction, understand there are several nearby rehab centers that can help. Call our 24/7 confidential helpline at 800-430-1407Who Answers? to learn more about inpatient drug rehab centers dedicated to helping you or your loved one achieve lifelong sobriety.

Being a parent doesn’t mean you should avoid seeking addiction treatment on behalf of lacking childcare. Here are your three top childcare options when going to an inpatient drug rehab center.

1. Spouse or Partner

Inpatient Drug Rehab

See if your spouse or partner is able to care for your children.

As long as your spouse or partner can offer a safe, stable, and loving environment for your children, this option is often your best bet. Before going to inpatient drug rehab, have a serious heart-to-heart discussion with your partner about childcare. Then, brainstorm ways to make sure your children are cared for when your partner has to work, or will not be available to care for your kids.

For example, if you normally care for your children from after school until bedtime while your partner works, discuss the possibility of hiring a babysitter for those hours. Most childcare experts recommend maintaining current schedules and routines as best as possible to reduce the impact of your absence on your children’s lives.

2. Friends and Family

If you’re a single parent or have full custody of your children, ask for help from friends and family. Look to responsible adults with safe home environments that won’t put your children at risk. Consider giving these individuals temporary power of guardianship over your children while you’re at inpatient drug rehab to prevent your ex-spouse, ex-partner, or other family members from stepping in and challenging custody while you’re recovering from addiction.

If for some reason you must go to court to settle guardianship matters, understand that the court will arrive at a decision that has your children’s best interests at heart.

What Are the Best Rehab Centers for Women With Children?

3. Court-Appointed Guardian

If you’re unable to establish childcare for your kids, and inpatient drug rehab is your best option for overcoming addiction, the court may appoint a guardian. In most cases, the court will look toward responsible family members first, followed by friends and other individuals who know your children and can offer a safe, loving environment. Foster care may also be an option if you lack friends and family who can step in and help.

If you’re afraid of losing custody of your children while at inpatient drug rehab, understand that achieving sobriety will greatly improve your chances of regaining custody. In most cases, the court may grant you custody once again if you can prove you can be a responsible parent, and offer your kids a safe home free of drugs, alcohol, and addiction.

Addiction can impact your overall quality of life, including that of your children. If you’re suffering from addiction, call our 24/7 confidential helpline at 800-430-1407Who Answers? to speak with an addiction counselor about your options for nearby inpatient drug rehab centers that can help you achieve lifelong sobriety.

Where do calls go?

Calls to numbers on a specific treatment center listing will be routed to that treatment center. Calls to any general helpline will be answered or returned by one of the treatment providers listed, each of which is a paid advertiser.

By calling the helpline you agree to the terms of use. We do not receive any commission or fee that is dependent upon which treatment provider a caller chooses. There is no obligation to enter treatment.

I NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE NOWFree and Confidential. Call800-430-1407Response time about 1 min | Response rate 100%
Who Answers?