15 Common Reasons you Need an Inpatient Drug Rehab
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, inpatient treatment is one of the best forms of treatment to beat a drug addiction. Each person who chooses inpatient treatment does so for their own reasons. Some reasons are common throughout while others are a bit more unusual.
1. You Live in a High Drug Area and Relapse is Likely
The constant exposure to drugs in an area that you live or work can cause relapse. It is extremely difficult to say no when you are in withdrawal and the drugs are available. In inpatient rehab they are not available.
2. You do not Have a Support Structure in Place at Home
If you want to remain at home you need a support structure. Inpatient rehab helps you develop that support system.
3. There is Someone Else who Uses at Home and will Not Quit
It can be difficult to quit when someone at home uses. Again, the constant exposure to drugs causes relapse.
4. You are in a New Area and Do Not Know Anyone that Can Help
If are in a new area and do not have friends who can help with support through the worst of the withdrawal, inpatient care help you develop the relationships that you need.
5. You Live in an Abusive Home and Need Some Place to Both Detox and Stay Safe
Drug abuse and domestic violence go hand in hand. You can be away from the abuse in inpatient care.
6. You Need to Save Money and Need to be Off the Drugs
It is less expensive to go to inpatient care than it is to continue on the drugs.
7. You Want to Gain Insight into your Behavior and your Drug Use
It is difficult to analyze who you are while you are still on the drugs. It is also difficult to gain insight into why you use drugs.
8. You Need to Detox Off One of the Drugs that can Kill You when you Withdrawal from Them
There are several drugs on the market that can kill you when you withdrawal, you want to be in inpatient care if you are on one of them.
9. You Need Help with More than Just Drug Addiction
If you need help getting your life together, inpatient care is a good place to start.
10. You Have Multiple Addictions
If you are addicted to multiple drugs or a behavior such as overeating and diet pills, inpatient care can help with all of your addictions at once.
11. You Have Multiple Disorders that all Need to be Treated
Mental health issues and drug abuse go hand in hand. Each problem is treatable in inpatient care.
12. You Need to Have People Around in Order to Recover
Some people need others around to help them recover.
13. You Need to Get Away from the Stress of Your Life to Get Over your Addiction
Stress is a very prominent cause of addiction. If you are too stressed at home and work, you might not be able to get off the drugs.
14. You Want to Stay Alive
Overdose, accidental death, and other complications are very well-known issues with drug abuse.
15. A Good Inpatient Rehab is Easy to Find
You can find inpatient rehab by calling 800-430-1407Who Answers?. We can help you find the treatment you need.