10 Questions you Need to Ask to Find the Right Inpatient Treatment Center for You
- 1. What are the Qualifications of your Staff?
- 2. Are you a Member of one of the Accreditation Societies?
- 3. How Does your Facility Monitor Quality?
- 4. How Often is your Facility Cleaned?
- 5. What Providers do you Work With?
- 6. Do you Offer Aftercare?
- 7. What is your Staff to Patient Ratio?
- 8. Do you Have Patient and Planning Team Meetings to Develop a Treatment Plan?
- 9. Do you Offer Care for Specific Drugs or All Drugs?
- 10. Do you Offer Onsite Medical Staff?
Addiction is a very dangerous disease affecting millions of people all over the world. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, inpatient treatment centers are designed to provide intensive and specialized care for drug and alcohol dependence and addiction. However, before you enter into an inpatient center, there are a few questions that you should ask.
1. What are the Qualifications of your Staff?
Having highly qualified staff increases the level of care an inpatient rehab is able to provide. You should find a center that provides the best care when seeking treatment.
2. Are you a Member of one of the Accreditation Societies?
There are a number of societies that exist to provide accreditation to rehab centers. These societies have strict guidelines for staff training and levels of care. Finding an accredited rehab center ensures you will receive top notch care.
3. How Does your Facility Monitor Quality?
Knowing how a rehab center monitors quality of care goes a long way. The more closely and strictly they monitor care increases the level of care provided, making these facilities a good choice.
4. How Often is your Facility Cleaned?
Addiction treatment is like any other medical treatment. It requires a clean facility to provide safe care and prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Cleanliness is essential to proper treatment.
5. What Providers do you Work With?
By knowing what healthcare providers an inpatient facility is related to, you can better gauge level of care, expense, and insurance concerns.
6. Do you Offer Aftercare?
All of the experts agree that proper continuing care after rehab greatly decreases the risk of relapse. This means that you are more likely to fully recover.
7. What is your Staff to Patient Ratio?
Addiction treatment requires intensive care, particularly in its early stages. You should try to find an inpatient rehab that has enough staff to ensure that you receive the attention you need to recover.
8. Do you Have Patient and Planning Team Meetings to Develop a Treatment Plan?
Focused care that takes into account all variables and specific circumstances of each patient are successful to recovery. Additionally, new strides are being made in addiction treatment all of the time, and it is important to incorporate these new methods accordingly.
9. Do you Offer Care for Specific Drugs or All Drugs?
Not all addictions are the same. Neither are addiction treatments. Finding a rehab facility that specializes in the substance you are addicted to greatly improves your chance of success.
10. Do you Offer Onsite Medical Staff?
It is well known that addiction and dependence are serious medical issues, often caused or related to other underlying mental and physical health issues. In order to truly treat an addiction, you must treat the medical issues associated with it. Only a facility with licensed medical staff can meet this need. If you need help finding an inpatient rehab center, or asking these questions, call 800-681-7369 for help. We will help you down the road to recovery.